Thursday, June 20, 2019

Last night M was getting a ride home from activities.  The person giving her a ride asked if they could go home to open her son's mission call.  The H family was there and M interpreted for them.  Mrs. Y sent us a movie of the event wih M standing there interpreting for the deaf.  She sent this message:
I'm so grateful for M to have interpreted.   I got so emotional watching the entire scene play out.
D had a friend here who probably signs "better" and even said she could have interpreted, but she said she was too embarrassed (she's not a member.  I get it).  But M absolutely shined.  Oh how I proud I am of her.  We talked about her using it as a write in experience for personal progress.  I'll happily help her find a place for it and sign her off.  Thank you for raising such a lovely girl who isn't afraid of being who she is and is willing to share her gifts with others, in many ways.  ❤️❤️

She is wonderful.  She's "making cookies all by [herself].  She's not needin' help, nooo."

No comments: