Saturday, August 17, 2019

Phone Skills

P got a job teaching statistics so, as is our custom, we planned to get BBQ to celebrate.  We have celebrated each of the 6 changes of position within his company in this splendid manner. 

M was hoping we would do this tonight but I mentally crossed it off the list of things to do today because it was raining.  The BBQ place has an old truck and M hoped to eat on the truck bed as we did back in 2011. 

I planned another dinner but M was persistent.  Persistence, Yay!  So I told M that if she would call the BBQ place and ask if they were sold out, I would consider it.  Phone skills are something I think are important to develop. 

M called and was told they still had food.  So after prepping dinner M and I went to the BBQ place.  On the drive we talked about the four agreements:
Be impeccable with the word.
Take nothing personally.
Assume nothing.
Do your best.

It turned out that the BBQ place was out of brisket and ribs.  Brisket was the one item P requested so we turned to leave.  I told M that I thought dad would want to wait for another day.  I caught myself and pointed out that I was making an assumption.  So we called dad.  He confirmed that he would like to wait for another day.  Phone skills for the win!


No comments: