Friday, May 24, 2019

doing things

We went to a planning meeting for our homeschool group yesterday, at the beach...  It was beautiful.  L had thrown up that morning from the smell of citronella I spilled...  Thankfully P was able to give us time from 10:55-1:15.  We had such a lovely time at the beach with friends and got a lot of good planning done with the moms.  When it was time for our family to head home I gave the kids a 5 minute warning. 

M's best friend's (PF) float got blown away and she went after it.  My best friend (Q), M's best friend's mom, went after her daughter.  A short while later, I looked and saw that M had gone too.  PF has done competitive swimming and did lifeguard camp last year.  Q is an avid swimmer.  When they realized M was following them they chose to come back because of her safety. 

I didn't realize the danger she had been in and was just annoyed we were really pushing against a hard time limit.  I'm glad she is OK.  I'm glad she had the good sense to do all her work when we got home and write a letter to Q apologizing for the situation. 

M made some cards to invite girls from school to her birthday party.  She looked up the address and hand wrote, on cute cards, all the details.  I love it.

No comments: