Sunday, March 31, 2019

opportunities

M's piano teacher mentioned that she could soon start teaching lessons herself.  I had been asked previously if she would teach but for various reasons I didn't start her on that path yet.  The children were too close to her own age.  They were beginning and what if she taught them wrong!  They weren't very docile children and I didn't want her to have a bad experience.

So after a nudge from her teacher about how she could take lessons and also get coached in teaching lessons, we decided to proactively seek students that would be a good fit for her to start with.  I mentioned this to some friends and a family contacted me.  Their 5 and 7 year old are already taking lessons but their teacher is away for 2 months.  M will have the opportunity to help them progress on the lessons their teacher assigned them.  They already have a good start.  It's just 2 months.  Yay!

I'm so grateful that the Lord provided this way for her to start teaching.  M has sweetly already looked up their lesson plans and compared it against our own sets of these books.  It's music she already played for the 7 year old, and that lP recently played! 

No comments: