Saturday, June 9, 2018

camera of dreams

M wanted a camera that could print and I thought this was an impossible dream, and foolishness.  She saved up and worked extra.  She got in trouble for bringing it up again and again when she still didn't have enough money for it.  I told her to just keep working and stop bugging me about it.  Eventually she was close and then some birthday money became available.  Now the time to decide which kind to get was approaching.  There are several different types.  The ideal would be a digital camera that had a screen so you could view what you took before printing.  That kind of camera was $200.  As we debated about the different kinds of cheaper cameras I came across this polaroid that was 6 years old but had the screen and SD memory options that made it more functional than just a novelty.  M was stubborn and didn't like it, even though it was in her price range.  Eventually she was willing to consider it and we found one that came with 90 sheets of film/paper.  The paper alone was worth what we paid for the camera.  M has since decided she loves it.  She can print borders on the photos and take videos.  It's a happy ending.

M pointed out to me that this was the same place I had her stand to take a picture of the kindle that she bought with her own money 2 years ago.  Apparently I like the lighting in the kitchen.  I also like how M sets goals that I worry are too ambitious and then she works and compromises to have a good end.

No comments: