Saturday, August 29, 2026

I passed!

 I took my praxis exam Friday and passed.  

With G home this last month we have seen miracles with his ability to get to all the specialists and all the things.  Blood tests, ultrasounds, ENT, Audiology, deaf things, sleep things.  It has been awesome.  We got letters to support his petition for dropping classes from SF.  We'll find out in October if his petition is granted.

At the end of summer semester my professor mentioned that we should take the Praxis now so we knew what to expect.  I had a month between semesters and the kids were going back to school.  I scheduled my exam for the first day of my semester and purchased the reschedule option just in case life happened.  Life did happen and with all the appointments for G I pushed my test date back a week.  By Wednesday of this week my brain was ready to pop.  I couldn't learn anything else.  I just had to keep it all in.  It was such a relief to take the test and know that I can look things up going forward.

Today we had an RS conference and all the inspirational talks reminded me of hard times in my life.  Having gone through so much with G I just feel reminded/triggered rather than inspired listening to the courage of these women going through hard things.  I'm so grateful that he lives, that he can communicate, that he is a fun brother, and helpful son.  He's had an unfair share of life but he's so capable.

No comments: